About This Blog


We are all always creating something. A life; A home; A career; Dinner. Some of us are creating more: A work of art, a craft, or a blog. The purpose of this blog is to showcase excellence and inspiring ideas for all the things we create. I hope you will be inspired in some way.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful For Home

I'm thankful this week to report that there was at least one participant in the new weekly creative photo challenge and it is a meaningful shot taken from the steering wheel of a car. The challenge theme was "What I Usually Forget To Be Thankful For".
evening commute home tonight, windshield shooting

 The artist says about this photo, "This stretch of sand spit roadway holds many memories for me. I grew up on this peninsula, take the views for granted that I have driven by for years. Kick myself when I'm running late for work and don't have the time to pull off and capture the tendrils of fog hovering on the surface of the lagoon that is shown on the right side of the photo. If it is real clear, I can see the Olympic Mountains in the distance." 
Forgetting to be thankful for the beauty and comforts of our own hometown can be easy. I recently realized I am very guilty of this myself, and have challenged myself to take more photos of my own area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you would like to add? Please, leave me a comment.