About This Blog


We are all always creating something. A life; A home; A career; Dinner. Some of us are creating more: A work of art, a craft, or a blog. The purpose of this blog is to showcase excellence and inspiring ideas for all the things we create. I hope you will be inspired in some way.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Autumn Berries

My little one visits his Nana on Saturdays and I like to spend that time taking photos when possible. I was out and about exploring the neighborhood last weekend when I stumbled upon some interesting berries in my field that I've never seen before. After further inspection, the most interesting thing was that the vines were thorny. And still more interesting was that the leaves were even thorny! I didn't get any good pictures of them, but I took these just to show my husband:

 He had never seen them before either. I started researching and discovered they are a common, useless variety called Horse Nettle Berries. They are even poisonous to animals. I'll be killing those, needless to say.


I have seen some lovely berry and fruit photos this week, however, as several people posted beautiful photos to the Flickr group


Lento


{Credit 1}
Little red fruit of autumn
{Credit 2}

Red Berries

{Credit 3}

I'd like to thank them for their contributions which are all lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something you would like to add? Please, leave me a comment.